Commercial Property Register
September - December 2017www.compropregister.com
Manchester Airport is one of the most ambitious airports in the world and is proving it with plans to double passenger numbers as well as
providing significant amounts of commercial space for local and international companies.
The key elements in the plans are:
• Expanding Terminal 2 by 140% with a direct link to a revamped Terminal 3 increasing the potential passenger capacity from 25 to 50 million;
• New aircraft transfer facilities that will allow passengers to walk directly from aircraft to terminal;
• New links so connecting passengers do not have to leave the airport;
• Increased stands and piers for aircraft;
• Improved bag check in and faster security and the overall aim of getting passengers through immigration, customs and agricultural inspection.
Included in these changes will be improved infrastructure around the airport with good connections to the £800 million Airport City.
PACE QUICKENS AT THE